Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Friday 5 October 2007

Ushguli, August 2007

For such a small village (c. 50 familes or 200 people), Ushguli sure has a lot to offer as far as views go. Changing weather and light add to the variety, as with everywhere. Learning to SEE the differences is key. This comes with thousands of frames, with many reshoots until one gets the desired result. Another, unexpected result (at least for me) is that one's eye becomes the camera, always seeking the image wherever one looks.

The bottom shot is an offering left outside one of the village's 8 churches.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be redundant I am afraid...but wow! My middle name is Truscott. My ancestry, not from Wales per se but in your country rather is crossed with Mexican. Scotch Irish/ Mexican. Now that is a combination.I'll be back. I love you site!

Anthony (Tony) Hanmer said...

Glad to have you as a visitor. Thanks for the compliments. You're welcome anytime - new postings daily...