Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Sunday 30 September 2007

Retro Graphics Day 3...

All printing stages of my favourite 6-colour hand-screen-printed baseball cap crest; from my days with Solid Rock Signs, the screen printing company where I worked from 1985-89. George often gave me highly detailed artwork like this piece, for a wild game farm. (The little crosses in bottom left and top right corners are registration marks, which I printed to help me line up the 6 colours of ink. After printing, the crest would be cut out with scissors and its edge stitched with a surging machine; then it would be attached to a baseball cap with hot glue from a glue gun.)
It was a joy as well as a challenge for me to print many hundreds of copies from such original designs. I owe you guys so much for all that you taught me there, about work (my first full-time job) and about many other important things.
























No comments: