Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Sunday 30 September 2007

Svaneti Walk, June 2007 (top to bottom)

In and around Ushguli.

Top: a view from the way up to the summit of Mt Lamaria. I did this solo the day after Jeff and I arrived in Ushguli - for some reason I still had considerable energy. It was a lovely clear day for landscape photos. From the summit I made my first 360-degree photographic panorama ever, in 17 hand-held shots. I also took a video panorama on the cellphone, but annoyingly, only the first few seconds of it have picture, though the wind-swept microhone sounds persist throughout the clip... so all I have on video from that walk is this clip from part-way up. It'll do.

Middle: how much is that goatie in the window? 'Cause we'd sure like to buy it and send it far away from OUR window. Its bleating was much more frequent than the inexplicable shyness of this short clip suggests.

Bottom: footage from a detour walk Jeff and I made towards Mt Shkhara and its glaciers. This much snow persists until June... indeed, some of it was still left fully 2 months later, when I repeated this walk with other friends. Astounding.

No comments: