Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Tuesday 21 April 2009

Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia

Three views from the place which was my destination when I was interrupted briefly, resulting in the photos which I posted yesterday.  (That area of fascinating patterns was short-lived, melting into plain brown liquid long before I returned from the trek which produced today's photos.)

Here is Queen Tamar's Summer Tower, high above Ushguli (most of the village can be seen in the top photo).  I found the going to it pleasantly easy, considering that I was walking on up to 1.5m of snow.  But the snow was wonderfully hardened from much repeated thawing and refreezing, so I didn't sink into it more than 4 or 5 cm, which was wonderful.  The earlier in the day one makes such trips, the harder is the snow, so morning is better than afternoon.


No comments: