Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Sunday 14 September 2008

Georgia: People & Places

FINALLY finished scanning all 20 rolls of film from my last winter in Ushguli, Svaneti. I could have shot much more than this in the 5 months that I was there, but simply getting film from way up there was the problem, actually. Some November-December 2007 previews, including, from the top:

1st - Lamaria Church with Mt Shkhara backdrop, always spectacular

2nd - reflections in a large moonshine bottle
3rd - view through a ruined house's window

4th - one of my favourite views, from up high near the Tamar's tower overlooking the bottom of the village

5th - the top of the village by moonlight, tripod-mounted shot


2 comments:

arava said...

Great photos and wonderful to Ushguli with a winter coat. So why only three? Are the rest somewhere else or is a technological problem of uploading from there /Tbilisi ? Nimrod

Anthony (Tony) Hanmer said...

Sorry, didn't see this comment until 28/9!
No problems uploading from Tbilisi; I post daily now, generally, and put 1-5 new photos up each time, depending on what I have.