Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Thursday 22 January 2009

Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia: Altered States

Congratulations to my first visitor from the 93rd country, Costa Rica!

Yeah, so I started experimenting with the colours of my EOS's RAW (original) files: colour temperature, tint and saturation changes. But I also tried to stay within the realms of possibility afforded by nature's lighting range. After all, sunlight does have a considerable spectrum of hues and intensities depending on how how high or low it is in the sky, and how much cloud is present.

In the top shot (this one's little altered from the original), I consider the dark mountain poking through at top right to be of major importance, along with the horseback figures, which add scale. I also thought about removing the post and wires, but a) it's a lot of work and b) they're there, so why not let them stay in this case?











No comments: