Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Saturday 9 August 2008

the W()RD: Does this mean war?

I realise that "war" is an unpopular word. Also, being far from my home in the Republic of Georgia at the moment, all I can do - like most of the world - is watch or read the news about fierce current clashes between Georgia and Russia over South Ossetia. I'm not even going to try to write my feelings about the whole thing here and now, except to say that I'll be returning to Georgia as planned later in August, regardless. It's home.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Tony - I hope I have the right person - you and I are related - our grandfathers (Philpot) were brothers. I heard about you and your work in Georgia last night during a visit from David Philpot who is currently in Geneva - where I work. I'd love to be in touch - jphilpotnissen@wanadoo.fr, take care, Jennifer

mr_jo said...

Anthony. mr jo here, I hope you are well and that you can get back to the people that you have worked with for so long. Times are not easy, as we know, but your work is not done. I am so glad to here about your work, and i know it is important to you to continue that work. God willing things will return to "normal" and you can again rejoin your friends. Love your Photos, God Speed, mr jo

Anthony (Tony) Hanmer said...

Jennifer - email on the way. Mr Jo - your English is too good for you to be my Korean Tae Kwon Do champion friend, so you must be my high school art teacher. Good to hear from you, and thanks for the good wishes and prayers! May this be over soon.