Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Saturday 3 May 2008

My most important photograph so far

A blast from my past.

When I was 11 years old, newly returned from Rhodesia to Canada, my family took a camping vacation from Thunder Bay, ON all the way to Vancouver Island, BC on the West coast, a long journey and a spectaular holiday.
There, I was given the opportunity to shoot a roll of film on a Kodak Instamatic camera of my parents'. The rest is certainly history. I'm not sure if that particular 126 roll of film still exists somewhere in Canada, but this is the only surviving frame from it that I'm aware of. 2 prints were made: a 4x4" and a framed 16x20" in my parents' house. I recently scanned the small print here in Georgia at 2400 dpi and cleaned it up; here is a copy of it full-frame, my earliest photograph, thus priceless to me.

No comments: