Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Wednesday 8 August 2007

Ushguli, Svaneti, June 2007

To the summit of 3105 m, so almost another kilometre above Ushguli; feeling the altitude, but revelling in the magnificent landscape unfolding in three dimensions around me.

I wasn't prepared to lug the extra weight of my tripod up here - the camera gear was heavy enough on its own. But I did attempt a careful hand-held set of 17 shots which I've been stitching together in my computer to form my first ever 360-degree panorama. So much to see from this glorious height! Unfortunately, Mt Ushba was hidden by another mountain looming close. But never mind: earlier posts have cellphone snapshots of that view, from a different summit, and some later posts will show scanned photos from there as well.



No comments: