Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Tuesday 21 August 2007

Ushguli, Svaneti, June 2007

Bottom three: a view from, and two views of, the Ratianis' "Twin Towers", the only such pair of Svan towers. Anzor took us up for a look, dragging a ladder up all four floors. I envision three faces set into the windows in the same vein as my May 15, 2007 "Spirit of the Watchtower" composition, so the middle of these three shots is a reference picture towards that work.

Top four: Ushguli has so many different angles, obvious even during a short stay. The topmost picture had me almost lying in the puddle on the road, and I decided to leave a bit of my T-shirt and jeans in the frame (left edge). What a photographer will do for the unusual scene!



























No comments: