Top: World's first 360-degree Panorama of Ushguli, Svaneti, Georgia, Feb 24/2009, from 12 separate photos...

Thursday 31 May 2007

the W()RD

The W()RD today is AWAY.

I'm off to Svaneti on Saturday, June 2 for about 3 weeks. While Magti is currently modifying its cellphone towers across Georgia to allow 3G internet, this process has yet to reach Svaneti, so I'll be unable to blog directly from there. However, rather than have the blog sit idle and lose many viewers, I'm going to post enough drafts to have at least one new post daily added, by someone else on my behalf, while I'm away. This will keep the blog fresh even in my absence. I will hopefully have one stab at satellite interent access on the trip, from Mestia, Svaneti's capital; so I'll try to add some trip notes from there in mid-June.

I realise now that the posts I've drafted for friends to post for me while I'm away from the internet will all have the date of drafting on them - May 31, 2007. Oh well. Not much I can do about that, I think. But you, dear viewer, will still see new material daily as long as they keep on posting for me.

Off we go... stick with me, it'll be worth it.

No comments: